Our union offers scholarships and bursaries to our members to help fund their educational goals. The following is a list of available awards, scholarships and bursary applications, please submit your nominations and applications by the deadline dates
Larry Drummond Snow Fighters Award:
All CUPE Local 108 employees who participate and/or assist in the Transportation and Public Works Winter Operations Program.
- Any employee or supervisor can nominate a CUPE employee who demonstrates the values identified below under criteria.
- Each nomination must include a brief summary to support the nomination.
- All nominations are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-delivered in sealed envelope to the employees supervisor.
- Deadline for submissions is June 1, 2019
- All nominations will be reviewed by a non-associated review panel, who will recommend the recipient(s) after reviewing the nominations and selection will be based on the individuals whose nominations align with the criteria below.
All nominations should align and demonstrate the following:
- Employee takes pride in providing High-Quality Public Service
- Demonstrates Respect to their colleagues and the public
- Employee practices and promotes Health & Safety in their workplace
- Employee demonstrates Service Excellence in mentoring, supporting and assisting their colleagues
- Employee is engaged in providing Healthy Communities by their demonstrations of improving Accessibility, Diversity and Inclusion
The successful recipient(s) will have their names identified and added to an annual plaque that will be showcased at the MacKintosh Operational Depot.